Thursday, July 17, 2008

U.S. to restore Diplomatic relations with Iran.

O.K. Obviously something is going on here. When I heard that the U.S. was sending a diplomat to listen to Iran's response to the latest proposal I got to be honest no red flags went up for me. Now the U.S. is rumored to be planning to announce their intention to put an interest section inside Iran. This announcement allegedly will occur next month. This would be the first time since the hostage crisis in 1979 that the U.S. has had diplomatic relations of any kind inside the country. Iranian President Ahmadinejad has said he "welcomes any attempts to expand ties."

The only thing I can think of his that Iran has already informed the U.S. it will stop enriching uranium and accept this latest deal. If that is not the case I am looking forward to hearing President Bush's reason for this dramatic shift in policy. "The Guardian," a liberal paper out of London apparently broke the story.

However this story is about 5 minutes old right now and could easily be wrong by the time I wake up tomorrow. If that is the case ignore everything you just read.

No comments:

Post a Comment